The blue energy goes really green
The needs of the hydroelectric power sector are both varied and pressing. On top of the need for reliability and maximum equipment service life, hydropower producers must also comply with stringent environmental regulations.
In line with our commitment to better and cleaner energy, Total is the first lubricants supplier to offer an eco-friendly lineup for all applications in the hydro generation sector.
Total's range brings you the best of both worlds: a family of high-performance products that meet the most demanding environmental standards, while refusing to compromise on quality and efficiency.
Our lubricants for hydro power plants
Minimise your environmental footprint with cutting-edge lubricants less harmful for the environment
- PRESLIA, CORTIS MS
Premium mineral turbine oil and circulating oil for water turbines.
Highly stable in the presence of water.
- AZOLLA AF, EQUIVIS AF
Zinc-free mineral hydraulic oils highly stable in the presence of water.
Longer oil drain intervals.
- CARTER XEP, CARTER SH
Semi-synthetic and synthetic gear oils for use in a wide range of temperatures.
- CERAN XM, CERAN XS
Water resistant and heavy-metal free bearing grease for loaded applications.
The prime choice to streamline your greases portfolio.
- COPAL OGL 0
Highly adhesive extreme-pressure grease with solid additives for open gears and sector gears.
Outstanding water spray-off.
- BIOPRESLIA HT
The first-to-market truly biodegradable fluid for use in water turbines and hydraulic systems of hydroelectric power plants.
Specially formulated for hydro applications in partnership with well-known hydro operators and equipment manufacturers.
- CARTER BIO
Synthetic biodegradable gear oil highly stable in the presence of water.
Common use in marine applications.
- BIOMULTIS EP 2, BIOADHESIVE PLUS, BIO OG PLUS
Multi-purpose biodegradable greases for a range of applications in hydroelectricity: bearings, wire ropes, open gears.
- ISOVOLTINE BIO, ISOVOLTINE BIO VE
Biodegradable dielectric fluids for transformers.
High fire resistance, Dielectric strength unaffected by water.
Total Lubrifiants has acquired a great deal of know-how in hydroelectric generation thanks to long-term and continued cooperation with major hydropower producers. As well as working closely with our customers to further extend our expertise in hydro generation, Total collaborates with original equipment manufacturers and other industry experts to bring you the very best in reliability and efficiency.
Meeting your needs
Our solutions help you maximize the flow of your hydroelectric equipments and reduce your downtime.
- Streamline your maintenance; simplify storage and lubrication in hard-to-access locations.
- Enhance the protection of your critical equipment with robust lubricants and dedicated oil monitoring. Our ANAC service can help you troubleshoot machinery by simply analysing its lubricant, preventing major damage down the line.
- Reduce your environmental impact by using our all-encompassing solution of eco-compatible lubricants.
- Count on our technical experts to optimise your lubrication and provide guidance for oil change operations, filtration services and management of waste oil.