FUEL ECONOMY LUBRICANTS FOR TRANSPORT INDUSTRY, BUSES AND TRUCKS
How does TOTAL RUBIA TIR FE engine oil improve fuel consumption?
Fuel represents around 30% of total truck operation costs, thus even small reductions in fuel consumption can significantly improve the bottom line of heavy-duty fleet operators.
There are several initiatives to capture fuel economy (FE) gains. One of them is engine oil design, which can enhance FE performance via viscosity control and friction reduction. Lowering the lubricant’s viscosity reduces the overall friction in the engine, and is a key enabler to deliver fuel efficiency gains.
What is fuel economy retention?
FE retention is the oil’s ability to retain its FE properties or credits over the oil drain interval. The TOTAL RUBIA TIR FE range is specially formulated to have better control of oxidation, volatility and soot-induced viscosity growth, thus allowing viscosity to be maintained over the oil’s lifetime and retaining FE credits. This means that fuel savings are optimized when a TOTAL RUBIA TIR FE oil is used.
EURO 5 and 6 engines : Fuel economy retention as tested for optimum fuel savings
A series of tests performed on EURO 5 and 6 heavy-duty diesel engines1 show that TOTAL RUBIA TIR FE engine oils2 maintained their viscosities throughout the oil drain interval, ensuring optimum FE credits from star to end.
EURO 4 engines : close to 3% fuel economy3 as tested
Tested on actual fleet operating in real-world conditions, TOTAL RUBIA TIR FE engine oils offer close to 3% FE3 for EURO 4 engines.
Why should you choose TOTAL RUBIA TIR FE engine oils?
Over 20 Years of FE Experience
TOTAL has been developing FE products since the 1990s. Today, a third of TOTAL engine oils sold worldwide is formulated with FE technology.
FE Partnership with OEMs
TOTAL RUBIA TIR FE range is developed in close cooperation with key OEMs. Therefore, the range is fully approved for use in their engines to achieve FE targets of the OEMs.
FE Lubricants for Every Application
Our wide range of FE solutions is suited for every application, including engines gearboxes and axles.
Tested on Real Roads Certified for Fuel Savings
TOTAL FE lubricants are tested on actual fleets operating in real-world conditions, and certified by independent testing organizations sucj as TÜV Rheinland, UTAC, and Millbrook.
TOTAL RUBIA TIR FE Lubricants with the All-New T.I.R. Technology
- Total Protection provides optimal engine protection against wear, corrosion and deposits.
- International Approvals achieve greater number of approvals and more advanced approvals than most products in the market.
Reduced Costs offer better fleet cost savings with a full suite of FE lubricants for engine and transmissions, and a leading ANAC condition monitoring service.
FUEL SAVINGS TIPS
- Turn off Engine when stationary in traffic
- Adjust roof-mounted air deflector to reduce aerodynamic drag
- Minimize harsh braking and use cruise control whenever appropriate
- Inflate tires to correct pressure and minimize trailer height/load for better fuel economy
TOTAL RUBIA TIR FE RANGE OF ENGINE OILS
- TOTAL RUBIA TIR 7200 FE 15W-30
- TOTAL RUBIA TIR 7900 FE 10W-30
- TOTAL RUBIA TIR 8600 FE 10W-30
- TOTAL RUBIA TIR 8900 FE 10W-30
- TOTAL RUBIA TIR 9200 FE 5W-30
- TOTAL RUBIA TIR 9900 FE 5W-30