Lubricants for the iron and steel industry
High-performance lubrication solutions for the iron and steel industry
Thanks to its experience in industrial processes used in the iron and steel industry, TOTAL has established itself as a specialist on your market. We provide our clients with high-performance lubrication solutions for all their applications and can meet all their requirements:
- Availability and productivity of machines
- Reliability of the manufacturing process
- Energy savings
- Reduced carbon emissions
TOTAL Lubrifiants operates in more than 160 countries and boasts a complete range of lubrication products and services. We are your partner supplier for all your facilities throughout the world.
Greases for agglomeration, continuous casting, cold rolling, hot rolling
CERAN range: High-technology greases containing complex calcium sulfonate, developed by TOTAL over many years. The manufacturing process involved in making these greases requires high levels of expertise in order to achieve the exceptional levels of performance provided by the CERAN range.
- Exceptional anti-wear properties and resistance to heavy loads.
- Exceptional resistance to water, facilitating operation in environments containing up to 40% water, without any degradation in grease performance
- Excellent mechanical stability and high shearing resistance
- Good performance at low temperatures
- Very good resistance to oxidation and corrosion
Hydrodynamic lubrication oils for MORGOIL and MORGAN-type regulator bearings
CORTIS MS: Versatile anti-wear circulation oil, recommended in particular for use when there are risks of pollution by water. It meets the lubrication requirements for DANIELI and MORGOIL type bearings used in steel rolling mills.
- Excellent resistance to oxidation and thermal stability
- Longer lubricant service life, even when subjected to high temperatures.
- Excellent demulsification properties approved by high and low temperature tests and confirmed by the UEC dynamic demulsification test.
- Very good anti-wear properties.
- Optimum protection of equipment against rust and corrosion at high temperatures.
- Ashless additives which prevent the formation of deposits, ensuring that high levels of filterability can be maintained
Fire-resistant hydraulic fluids
HYDRANSAFE range: Fluids specifically developed to limit the risks of a fire spreading in the event of a leak.
- Excellent filterability and oxidation resistance performance
- Factory Mutual approvals
- Meet the specifications laid out in the ISO HFAE, HFAS, HFC, HFDU and HFDR standards
- Biodegradable version: HYDRANSAFE HFDU offers the best possible levels of biodegradability (in accordance with the OECD 301B standard).
Sealing oil for gasometers
GASO AW: Protects metallic surfaces that come into contact with water, dust and corrosive fumes. Excellent demulsification and waterproofing properties.
Insulating fluids for EDT (Electric Discharge Texturing) machines
DIEL MS: Very good filterability. Lower fluid consumption. Product in compliance with EU directives on VOC emissions (Volatile Organic Compounds).
Oils for Industrial Gear systems
CARTER ALS: Non-staining gearbox oil recommended for lubricating gears in casings in the aluminium, stainless steel and copper rolling industries.
- Excellent properties when used in extreme pressure conditions and anti-wear properties providing lubricated components with high levels of protection
- Very good resistance to oxidation, ensuring a prolonged oil service life
- Very good anti-foaming properties and very good resistance to the formation of emulsion with water
KASSILA GMP: Mineral oil for industrial gearing units which operate under very high loads and are subject to repeated shocks. Contains graphite and molybdenum disulphide. Excellent thermal stability. Reinforced protection against corrosion and micropitting.
FINAROL: Specifically developed for the iron and steel industry and the vehicle manufacturing sector. For protecting and mild forming of steel and electro-galvanised sheet metal.
OSYRIS: Oils for all types of metals, designed to protect components from the risks of corrosion during storage and transport. Can be applied using quench, spray and brush techniques and removed using solvents and detergents. We have a wide range of protection oils depending on the desired properties of the protective film.
- Nature and thickness of the film: oily, waxy or solvented.
- Resistance over time: protection between operations with water-repellent effect or longer-lasting protection.
FINASOL: Degreasers used to clean engines and miscellaneous machinery components without affecting the quality of the parts cleaned.
We advise you to contact us for recommendations that are perfectly suited to your operating conditions. For further information about our products, consult the product catalogue.