Biodegradable Lubricants for industry
Commitment to the environment is central to the priorities of Total lubricants.
Legislation for bio-lubricants or biodegradable lubricants is very strictly controlled. The OECD defines these types of lubricants by virtue of their low toxicity and also their ability to be rapidly decomposed by living organisms.
1 liter of oil can pollute 1,000,000 liters of water and so we offer manufacturers a wide selection of biodegradable lubricants to meet the full spectrum of their requirements in terms of respect for the environment, productivity and also maintenance cost reduction.
Total Lubricants manufactures its bio-lubricants from vegetable oils, mainly rapeseed oil but also synthetic esters. Each base has its own particular advantages:
- Vegetable oils are almost 100% biodegradable and are inexpensive.
- Synthetic oils are better at resisting oxidation, ensuring a longer service life.
Total biodegradable lubricants are some of the most efficient on the market. Their technical specifications and customer benefits are at least as significant as those of conventional lubricants:
|Technical specifications||Customer benefits|
Longer equipment service life
The reliability and safety of your operations
Biodegradable oil for hydraulic systems
TOTAL Lubricants is the first oil group in the world to offer a range of biodegradable hydraulic fluids that have been certified under the EU Ecolabel. The European Ecolabel provides guarantees of performance, environmental conservation, stability and quality.
Our TOTAL BIOHYDRAN range (TOTAL BIOHYDRAN TMP 32, 46, 68) offers you a variety of biodegradable hydraulic oils suited to your every need. Our biodegradable lubricants will improve the reliability of your production equipment and reduce your carbon dioxide emissions. Our environmentally friendly lubricants guarantee you efficiency and security.
TOTAL BIOHYDRAN TMP 32,46,68
- Biodegradable synthetic fluid. Very high natural viscosity index: optimum hydraulic efficiency over a very wide range of temperatures (-20°C to +80°C).
- Remains stable during shearing: guarantees the efficiency of hydraulic equipment throughout the fluid's service life.
- Excellent lubricating, anti-wear and anti-corrosion properties: extended life of mechanical components.
TOTAL BIOHYDRAN SE 32,46,68
- High-performance biodegradable synthetic fluid.
- Formulated using saturated synthetic esters. Naturally high viscosity index that remains stable over time, non-shearable fluid: optimum hydraulic efficiency.
- Excellent lubricating and anti-corrosion properties: extends the service life of the hydraulic circuit components.
- Excellent oxidation stability: greater intervals between oil changes compared with those offered by a traditional mineral hydraulic fluid.
- Very low foaming tendency, very rapid air release: limits contamination of the circuit by air.
- Good levels of miscibility with traditional HM and HV class mineral hydraulic fluids.
- Biodegradable oil formulated using saturated synthetic esters
- Excellent lubricating property.
- Biodegradable according to OECD standards 301C, D, E, F
- High renewable raw materials content (above 50%)Thermal stability providing extended life in comparison with more conventional esters.
- Excellent hydrolytic stability.
- Very good air release and demulsification properties.
- Protection against wear and corrosion (ferrous and non-ferrous metals).
Biodegradable oil for gears:
TOTAL CARTER BIO biodegradable oils are specially designed to lubricate gears. These oils meet all the requirements of your enclosed roller and gear machinery operating under heavy loads. Our biodegradable TOTAL CARTER BIO lubricant range (TOTAL CARTER BIO 68, 100, 150, 220, 320, 460) is suitable for gears requiring high-performance products.
TOTAL CARTER BIO 68, 100, 150, 220, 320, 460
- Biodegradability: over 60% after 28 days (OECD 310B).
- Excellent performance under extreme pressure and high loading capacity before seizing: good gear tooth protection under heavy loads.
- Very good lubricating power and thermal stability.
- High viscosity index and shear stability: guarantees a thick film of oil at high temperatures.
- Low pour point and viscosity at low temperatures: improved cold start lubrication.
- Excellent anti-corrosion properties, tested in sea water.
Biodegradable oil for turbines
TOTAL BIOPRESLIA HT biodegradable oils are specifically dedicated for turbines to meet the needs of hydroelectric power plants: these oils are suited for use on turbines, pumps, valves, trash rakes and other hydraulic regulation circuits.
TOTAL BIOPRESLIA HT
- Biodegradable oil for hydroelectric turbines, based on saturated synthetic esters
Biodegradable oil for dielectric fluids:
TOTAL ISOVOLTINE BIO (composed of a high-performance synthetic ester)
- High insulating power
- Very high flash point in comparison to naphthene-based mineral oils to reduce fire risks
- High resistance to oxidation, ensuring long fluid life
- Low viscosity to ensure efficient cooling.
TOTAL BIOMULTIS EP 2, TOTAL BIOADHESIVE PLUS (compliant with the criteria of the European Ecolabel) and TOTAL ISOVOLTINE BIO (meeting OECD 301B requirements) are our multi-purpose biodegradable greases recommended for all your high temperature applications in difficult conditions. Our lithium calcium soap products are recommended for wheel bearings, ball bearings, roller bearings, plain bearings, standard seals, heavy loads and any application that is subject to shocks, for example in the transport and agricultural sectors.
TOTAL BIOMULTIS EP 2
- Very good lubricating film resistance, resistant to water, to variations in temperature and to pollution
- Maintenance costs reduced
- Very wide range of possible applications means that stocks can be rationalized and maintenance simplified
- Good mechanical and thermal stability
TOTAL BIOADHESIVE PLUS
- Insoluble in water and has remarkable resistance to water washout
- Excellent anti-corrosion properties even in sea water
- Very good adhesion on metal parts
- Does not contain lead or any other heavy metal deemed harmful to health or the environment
- Ultimately biodegradable grease (>60% according to OECD 301B test)